Charges – Bringing an employment tribunal claim.
‘Great service and reasonable charges. Many thanks.’
Mrs S Holmes
‘Excellent communication and overall service. Prompt replies to all my emails. Thank you once again.’
Below is an estimate of the costs of bringing an employment tribunal claim. Please note that this is for guidance only and does not form a quotation for the work involved.
The cost of a claim will depend on the complexities of the claim and also the conduct of the other side.
As stated above this is for guidance only on a simple matter. More complex matters will vary. We may also advise that a barrister should draft the proceedings or seek advice from a barrister.
Factors that could make a case more complex:
- if it is necessary to make or defend applications to amend claims or to provide information about an existing claim;
- bringing claims that are defended by litigants in person;
- making or defending a costs application;
- complex preliminary issues such as whether the client is disabled (if this is not agreed by the parties);
- the number of witnesses and documents;
- if it is an automatic unfair dismissal claim, eg if you are dismissed after blowing the whistle on your employer;
- allegations of discrimination which are linked to the dismissal.
Please note that this is only the legal costs of Lovedays Solicitors, if you are unsuccessful in your litigation the court may order that you pay the other sides costs on top of your own.
Counsel’s fees for drafting claim £300-£1,000 (plus VAT)
Counsel’s fee for tribunal £500-£2,000 (plus VAT)
The time that it takes from taking your initial instructions to the final resolution of your matter depends largely on the stage at which your case is resolved. If a settlement is reached during pre-claim conciliation, your case is likely to take 3 months. If your claim proceeds to a Final Hearing, your case is likely to take 8 months. This is just an estimate and we will of course be able to give you a more accurate timescale once we have more information and as the matter progresses.
Mrs Jennifer Renshaw, Head of Litigation, charge out rate £215 plus vat per hour
Mr Paul Streets, Litigation Solicitor, charge out rate £200 plus vat per hour
If you would like to find out more about our staff members then please click here.
Why Choose Us?
- Delivering a first class legal service for over 100 years.
- We combine our local knowledge with up-to-date legal practices and technology to ensure that your needs are met and your expectations fulfilled.
- There are no hidden charges with any of the work we carry out for clients.