Charges – Residential conveyancing
‘Many thanks for the excellent service you have provided for my recent house purchase. I have been extremely grateful for the caring and understanding way you have dealt with my situation.’
‘I cannot rate Lovedays highly enough. They are approachable, responsive and thorough, and exceeded my expectations this time by completing the transaction a week ahead of an already very tight deadline.’
On average we generally find the legal fees for a residential conveyance for a sale, purchase, mortgage or re-mortgages will costs between £600 – £1000 plus VAT on a fixed fee basis. This varies dependant on the value of the property, the location and other factors.
The disbursements which are generally required include (all-inclusive of VAT)
- Land registry search fees £3.60 per document
- Bankruptcy Search £2.40 per buyer
- Anti-money laundering check £5.00 per buyer
- Internal file processing fee £4.40
- Official local Authority Search estimated £99.00
- Drainage & Water Search estimated £78.00
- Groundsure Homebuyers estimated £32.00
- No Search Chancel Indemnity up to £1m estimated £10.92
- Bank Transfer fee £30.00 per transfer
Land Registry Fees will vary dependant on the value of the property and if the property is registered. Generally, we expect the Land Registry Fees to be in the region of £135 – £270. Please note that Stamp duty land tax may also apply dependant on the value of the property.
Other disbursements may apply. Please contact us for further details.
With conveyancing it varies how long it takes depending on the searches required and also factors such as the other party in the transaction. Generally with a straight forward transaction we would expect to complete within 6-18 weeks.
Richard Roberts, Solicitor, Head of Department and Managing Director, admitted as a solicitor in 1999
Alan Goadby, Solicitor, admitted as a solicitor in 1986
Kathryn Griffiths, Solicitor, admitted as a solicitor in 2000
Racheal Mellor, Licensed Conveyancer
Denise Graham, Property Assistant, has been working in conveyancing since 2016
Hayley Kirkland, Trainee Licensed Conveyancer, has been working in conveyancing since 2007
If you would like to find out more about our staff, please click here.
Why Choose Us?
- Delivering a first class legal service for over 100 years.
- We combine our local knowledge with up-to-date legal practices and technology to ensure that your needs are met and your expectations fulfilled.
- There are no hidden charges with any of the work we carry out for clients.