Being Made Redundant?
Is your employer considering making you redundant? Make sure that your legal rights are protected.
If you are an employer who is considering making some staff redundant please click here for further information.
Lovedays Solicitors has been operating in Matlock in Derbyshire for over 100 years. We also have an office in Wirksworth. We can advise you from the outset and make sure that you are in the best possible position.
What if I am being made redundant?
If you are being made redundant it means that your employer no longer requires your job. It is a form of dismissal. It is usually done when an employer needs to reduce its workforce.
If you are being made redundant you may be eligible for certain rights such as
- redundancy pay
- a notice period
- a consultation with your employer
- the option to move into a different job
- time off to find a new job
If you believe that your employer is not giving your right then you should contact us as soon as possible.
What if I believe the selection is unfair?
The selection of who to make redundant should be a fair process. It should not be on the basis of
- Marital status
- Sexual orientation
- Religion or belief
- Your membership or non-membership of a trade union
- Health and safety activities
- Working pattern, for example, part-time or fixed-term employees
- Maternity leave, birth or pregnancy
- Paternity leave, parental or dependants leave
- An employee who is exercising statutory rights
if your employer has made you redundant on one of the above reasons it may be considered unfair dismissal. If that is the case you may be able to bring a claim against your employer.
Each case will resolve on its own fact and therefore we would recommend that you contact us as soon as possible.
How much pay should I get when I am made redundant?
The government website has a very useful calculator to calculate your statutory redundancy pay. To be taken to this page please click here.
Being made redundant is never a nice process. It can be a stressful time as not only are you losing your job but also having to look for a new one.
We can help to ensure that your rights are protected and that you are in the best possible position moving forward.
Make an Enquiry
To request an appointment please click here.
Why Choose Us?
- Delivering a first class legal service for over 100 years.
- We combine our local knowledge with up-to-date legal practices and technology to ensure that your needs are met and your expectations fulfilled.
- There are no hidden charges with any of the work we carry out for clients.