Deputyship Solicitors,

Has a loved one lost the ability to make decisions for themselves?

It is always difficult to watch a loved one lose the ability to make decisions for themselves.

If they have not made a Lasting Power of Attorney there is no one with the legal right to make decisions on their behalf.  You can apply to become someone’s Deputy if they lack mental capacity.

Thank you for your swift and professional nature in dealing with my matter.

Speak to one of our specialists today about how you can help. Call us on 01629 56660 or make a Free Online Enquiry.

Alternativity you can make ask for an appointment now.

Our Derbyshire based solicitors and lawyers will be able to guide you through the process of applying to become someone’s deputy.

Lovedays Solicitors have been assisting people since 1905. We have years of experience in how to best deal with an application for deputyship. We will always have yours and your loved ones' best interests at heart.

When should I apply for a Deputyship?

You can apply for a deputyship when someone loses mental capacity. This means that they are no longer able to make a decision for themselves.

This can include times such as when they have had an accident which caused a serious brain injury or illness. Also, they may have developed dementia or have severe learning disabilities.

You can apply to be a deputy if you are over 18. The court usually will only appoint a relative or friend of the person who needs help making the decisions.

What types of deputyship are there?

Like the lasting power of attorney, there are two types.

  • Property and financial affairs deputy. This means you can look after the finances or pension.
  • Personal welfare deputy. This means you can decide about the persona medical treatment and how they are cared for.

What do I need to do to become a deputy?

To become a deputy, you will need to apply to become one or both types of deputy. You will have to get permission from the court to act.

You will then have to send an annual report to the Office of Public Guardian each year.

How can we help?

We can apply to the Court of Protection to obtain an Order to appoint a Deputy. Our specialist solicitors can also act as a deputy in their professional capacity.

We can also assist with the yearly reporting requirements to ensure that they are completed correctly.

Make An Enquiry

If you would like to get in touch with us please either call us on 01629 56660 or make a Free Online Enquiry.

To request an appointment please click here

About Lovedays

Lovedays Solicitors, Potter and Co Solicitors and Andrew Macbeth Cash and Co Solicitors are the trading names of Derbyshire Legal Services Limited which is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 08838592. Registered office Sherwood House, 1 Snitterton Road, Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 3LZ.

Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under SRA ID number 637916.

  • (01629) 582308
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Sherwood House
    1 Snitterton Road
    DE4 3LZ

© Copyright 2019 Derbyshire Legal Services Limited | Website by WebWorks Design