Are you Considering a Separation? You may need legal advice.
When a relationship is in difficulty it can be hard to decide what is the right course of action. We can signpost you to various resources which can help you explore if the relationship can be salvaged or can help you consider whether it is over.
If you decide that the next step is to live apart from each other, that in itself might seem too difficult to put into effect. Obtaining legal advice as to how to manage that separation can help you to find a way forward.
Alternatively, you might be the person “left” when your partner has already affected a physical separation.
Lovedays Solicitors was established in 1905. We have an extensive history of advising people through a separation. We understand that you might not want to separate right now. We can give you all the options so that you can make an informed decision. Our specialist lawyers will listen to you to ensure that your needs and views are of primary importance.
We can advise on:-
- The legal implications if you leave the house.
- The legal implications if you are the one remaining in the house.
- Who pays what?
- Whether there are any steps you need to take to protect yourself.
- What happens with the children?
- The next steps to formalise the separation.
If you would like to find out more about how we can help then please use the following links.
If you have a question regarding a separation while living with someone then please click here for further information.
Alternatively, if there are children in the relationship and you want to know how to proceed then please click here.
If you are subject to domestic abuse or domestic violence, then please click here for further information.
Our Derbyshire based Solicitors in our family team are experts in family law and can advise you until a resolution is reached. If you would like to find out more about our team then please click here for further information.
Make an Enquiry
To request an appointment please click here.
Why Choose Us?
- Delivering a first class legal service for over 100 years.
- We combine our local knowledge with up-to-date legal practices and technology to ensure that your needs are met and your expectations fulfilled.
- There are no hidden charges with any of the work we carry out for clients.