Property and Financial Affairs Lasting Power of Attorney
Do you want peace of mind that someone you trust will deal with your finances if something was to happen to you?
A Property and Financial Affairs Lasting Power of Attorney will allow someone you trust to look after things such as
- Managing your bank accounts or building society accounts
- Paying bills on your behalf
- Collecting benefits or your pension
- Selling your home
‘Once again, an excellent service!’
Our specialist team of Derbyshire based lawyers and solicitors will be able to advise you on what is best to protect your interests.
There are no hidden charges with any of the work we carry out for clients. For instance, we don’t charge extra fees for storing your LPA once they have been prepared.
To find out how we can help book an appointment now.
Why do I need a solicitor to help?
When making a Lasting Power of Attorney you can only use it when it is registered. You need to consider when to register it as it can take up to 10 weeks to be registered. Also, you decide what restrictions to place in the LPA, e.g. you may decide only to allow your bank accounts to be operated under the LPA.
You also have the opportunity to give guidance to your family as to how you want your affairs to be run.
We can go through all these options with you and make sure that your LPA is limited to what you want.
Also, we can ensure that you complete the form correctly so that there is little chance that someone will be able to contest it later.
What do I need to consider?
Before coming to see us you might want to think about
- Who you want to be your attorney (the person who will make decisions on your behalf)
- When do you want the power of attorney to be effective? Do you want them to have the authority now or when you lose capacity?
- When do you want to register it?
- What limits do you want them to have? Do you want them to be able to make all decisions or limit them such as they are unable to sell your home?
- Do you want to put any guidance for them?
Make an Enquiry
Alternativity you can book an appointment with us by clicking here.
Why Choose Us?
- Delivering a first class legal service for over 100 years.
- We combine our local knowledge with up-to-date legal practices and technology to ensure that your needs are met and your expectations fulfilled.
- There are no hidden charges with any of the work we carry out for clients.