When to use a Solicitor?
Are you not sure if you need to use a solicitor or not?
You do not always have to use a solicitor when dealing with an estate. However, it can be a daunting prospect to apply for probate by yourself.
Sometimes people want us to deal with the whole estate from start to finish. Others want us to provide help and advice when required. We are happy to do either. Some people only want us to apply for the application for the Grant of Representation.
By using a solicitor, it can take the stress out of a difficult time. It can also mean that you have more time to deal with your loss. Generally speaking, our clients feel reassured that their loved one’s estate is being handled by professionals and therefore can be resolved quicker than if you were doing it themselves.
It can also be beneficial to have someone to resolve disputes and tension about ‘who gets what’.
We help hundreds of people apply for probate each year and have been doing so for over 100 years. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.
What factors should I consider?
We would recommend that you use a solicitor when;
- the estate is large or high value;
- the estate is complex
- there are disagreements about ‘who gets what’
- a business or agricultural property is involved;
- the deceased was a partner in a firm;
- there are family trusts or large gifts to children under 18 years of age;
- you find the Will was badly drafted;
- there is a likelihood that someone may believe that they have been unfairly treated by the Will or the rules of intestacy e.g. a child of the deceased has been disinherited.
Our specialist team of lawyers can help you in the way which suits you. We provide a personal service. With us, you are not just another number on a database or a file in the filing cabinet. We want to help you through the difficult time of dealing with a loss.
We do not charge for an initial enquiry and therefore there is no downside to giving us a call and seeing if we can help.
If we do not think that using a solicitor is the best course of action for your case we will tell you this. We will always act in your best interests.
Make an Enquiry
To request an appointment please click here.
Why Choose Us?
- Delivering a first class legal service for over 100 years.
- We combine our local knowledge with up-to-date legal practices and technology to ensure that your needs are met and your expectations fulfilled.
- There are no hidden charges with any of the work we carry out for clients.